journal of a learner

one effort to write. one effort to be a lifelong learner

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Have You Ever Ignore Someone on Yahoo Messenger?

Since I know, amazed by, and use Yahoo Messenger (YM) by 2003, I got some quite interesting experiences. One of those experiences is “to ignore” and “got ignored”. It was interesting because in the real life, I never really can do that. I can never really ignore someone even though I felt annoyed by her/him. And no one really ignore me cause when I know someone feel inconvenient with my presence, I will not distract him/her further. In this case, I got high self-defense. :D

First person, and the only one so far, that I ignored is someone from Pakistan. I “met” him in Jakarta Global Chat room in my early days use YM. I never add him to my friend list and I know if I didn’t add someone to my friend list, there’s only 2 possibilities, forgot and dislike.

By the time he sent me offline messages, I didn’t really remember who he was. So my reply is just, “hi”, “how are you”, “thank you”, sort of. But after couple more offline messages, then I know that he just a teaser, very romantic teaser. I thought, there will be no advantage for me, nor him, to reply the messages. It’s not the conversation I want to have with my chat friend. So I ignore him.

On the other side, I got ignored by someone else. Well, it happens recently. He claimed himself as conservative internet user. He doesn’t like to receive mass messages from me coz it’s abusive, but he didn’t tell me from the beginning. So, I didn’t know (I am completely newbie on netiquette). Until one day we got into conversation and he told me about his objection. I told him that I was sorry and I got interested to know more about media abusing. But it seems like there was miscommunication between us. Instead of having knowledge sharing, we fall into emotionally exhausting debate. After that, he never replies my messages again. Not in million years may be.

My friend, Roni, have ignore someone, 2 persons in fact. He said “ They like to give me bomb every morning”. Hei hei hei, what did he mean by “bomb”? Is it mass messages? Pfiuh, fortunately Roni didn’t ignore me, may be my mass messages didn’t across his limit :D

How about yourself? Have you ever ignored someone? Have you got ignored by someone? Well, may be it just part of having chat on YM. May be it’s not as serious as build “silaturahim” in real life.

6 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Winy said...

you should dig more, some of my previous post got intense appreciation from other bloggers. thanks for visiting :)

 
At 12:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger Winy said...

he? really? what major are you? *curiga*

 
At 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home